• Do you shoot film or digital photos?
I shoot digital. Nikon.
• What does your price include? Prints or CD? Final prints? Retouching?
The price includes 4 retouched images of your selection. Images are returned digitally via a Dropbox link. You will receive full sized images, web sized in colour plus an 8×10 crop also.
• How much time do you allocate for the session?
There is no set time limit but shoots rarely last longer than two hours. If the weather is very bad (rain) the studio is used only and this takes less time.
• How many “looks” – clothes changes or setups—are included? How do you define a “look”?
On average 4 different changes and backdrops are used. Indoor and outdoor. A look is a change of top, background, and perhaps change of hairstyle or adding glasses perhaps. I use various locations around central Leamington Spa.
• Approximately how many shots will I have to choose from?
On average 400 images are taken on the day. I narrow this number down. You will be able to choose your four final images from around 100 previews via Dropbox.
• What is your payment policy?
I prefer payment via Paypal or Bank Transfer. I request £50.00 deposit on time of booking to secure the date chosen for the shoot. My shoots cost £150.00. This includes four retouched headshots. Any additional images are £15.00 each.
• Do use a studio and/or go on location?
I use a home studio, and outdoor locations nearby if the weather is fair.
• Do you help with wardrobe selection?
I ask clients to bring as much as they can with them and help them select what to wear. Please see this advice sheet for assistance with preparing for a session and what to wear.
• Do I receive proof sheets, 4 x 6 prints, or a CD?
Images are returned digitally via a Dropbox link. Preview images and final images are returned this way. I can supply prints for an extra charge.
• If I am not pleased with the photos, what options do you offer?
You either get your money back or we reshoot. The reason there is no time limit on a shoot with me is to help ensure we get it right. I show you as were going along what were doing via the back of the camera. We would discuss the shoot and what were trying to achieve as we go along.
• What types of roles could I play that my pictures should capture?
The style of headshots I take are industry standard and are used for sites such as Casting Call Pro, Star Now, Spotlight and for acting agents. I photograph Stage and TV / Film actors and Extras. I’m sorry I would not know your casting type without seeing you and knowing your acting history and training.